graphic Designer & COMMUNITY ORGANIZER
Send us your CV and a short write-up (max. 200 words) highlighting your interest in participatory design, any participatory design experiences that you may have had, and examples of participatory design that have particularly inspired you and why. If you have a portfolio of your work, please submit that as well.
Email your application to: email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
This is a full time position. We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Visual Communications or other related field (those without the necessary education qualifications will be considered if they can tell us why they fit the role)
- Dynamic team leader with a high level of initiative, a positive attitude, and an interest in participatory or community-driven design
- Strong interpersonal skills – enjoys meeting new people and working with clients and community-based organisations, and comfortable talking to people across all disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and analytical abilities – in particular, good verbal and written command of the English language, as well as the ability to converse fluently in mother tongue (Mandarin, Malay, or Tamil) and/or dialect
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Suite Programme (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design etc)
- Able to effectively manage project teams, including volunteers and external consultants
- Able to work during weekends and weekday evenings on selected occasions. .
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities that are an added plus:
- Facilitation skills and experience
- Photography and videography skills
- Knowledge of video production tools and website design
Job responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the planning, implementation, and tracking of design projects, including ensuring that project deliverable are submitted on time, within budget and at the expected level of quality
- Managing communications and relationships with clients, internal and external team members, consultants and other community stakeholders
- Working closely with community stakeholders, architects, designers, and other consultants to ensure the timely completion of tasks.
- Lead design project collateral, branding materials and product packaging, including both print and website
- Preparing communications materials such as copy for project collaterals and posters
- Working with the team to develop ideas and proposals